[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Quiet Storm Forums • View topic - Ru on Myspace??!

Ru on Myspace??!

Ru on Myspace??!

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:08 pm

I have been told by a friend of mine that Ru is on myspace, I have heard all about people pretending to be her but my friend says the page we both now visit appears to be legit. She addresses the fake ones who pretended to be her and quite frankly after looking at the site, looking at comments etc, I am beginning to think that this Ru page on myspace.com is actually legit! Search under RU, and you will come across it. On the page which is in black has a song from the band fairuza playing and you will see under her comments that she talks about the people who were impersonating her. Also it says what city she is in, under marital status it says "swinger". Check out her pictures, supposidly there is a webcam picture of her as well, I have no idea if it's her or not but I think it really is. Please correct me if I'm wrong so I can tell my friend who's convinced it's her too. I'm not usually gullible so please guys check it out!
candygirlnj19666

Postby Morgoth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:33 pm

Hi Candy,

I would like to believe it. But I can't find a Ru there, except those two russian singin girlies at [url]http://www.myspace.com/Ru[/url] Their music is simply awful.;) Could you post the exact myspace-link with nickname.

Thx,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:38 pm

Sorry, I'm a dumbass for not posting the url and making you search for it *slaps myself* Here is the url:
[url]http://www.myspace.com/fairuzabalk[/url]
candygirlnj19666

Postby Morgoth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Hi Candy,

ok, now I saw it. I think it's a fake - but a good one. Three things disturb me: There are no interest so far, Ru would surely have a lot to write in that section (her favorite books, music, films etc.). Then her status as Swinger, that is far too direct in my eyes. If she looks for a lover she wouldn't do it at myspace, where everybody can read it. And then her hometown isn't Point Reyes any more. It's only her birthplace, maybe she wasn't there for a long time. Her hometown would be Venice.

What do you think about this site, Candy?

Till then,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:24 pm

I really don't know, do you think that pic is of her from a webcam or just a studio picture? I honestly have no idea, maybe Nathaniel or someone else can comment. I think it's possibly her but like you mentioned, I find it very odd she put "swinger" as marital status, I did hear she is bisexual and her blog on the site would seem to echo that sort of. Hard to say.
candygirlnj19666

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:26 pm

I think the things that sway me in the direction that it's her is her comments directly under her pictures and what she says in her blog. It could still be a fake and if it is, it's a convincing me that has fooled over 500 people.
candygirlnj19666

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:19 pm

Well... Not to be rude or anything, but I'd think that fairuza would have more taste than what's shown on that page... :)

None of it really [i]feels[/i] like her, you know? I just don't get that gut feeling that it's her. Not to mention that the screenname, "fairuzabalk", is almost too obvious...

I don't know, it just doesn't convince me :D
| |
Nathaniel

Postby Morgoth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:35 pm

Hi Folks,

unfortunately Nathaniel is right. Just read what she wrote this guy ([url]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=85990025[/url]) in his comments. It's almost ridiculous. By the way he could be the faker, cause he is also mentioned in Ru's Blog Entry.

I'm sorry for the 500 people who thought to win the jackpot. My heart is with them...;)

Till Then,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:31 pm

Yes, I read the messages, if I hadn't read them then I might still think it was possibly the real Ru. What's on the page doesn't really seem that out of step with who she is but I don't know her personally. I do think that it's fake now unless Ru and him have some inside kind of joke or something. It really does sound more like a 15 year old girl instead of a 32 year old woman in those messages but on the site, the wording doesn't appear like that. Really weird. The name fairuzabalk is extremely obvious of course, who knows but from what I read especially those silly comments on that guy's page, it appears that it's simply another fake. I know Ru did post on her original website board many years ago but I have no idea if she is on the internet or not. One could assume she is just like anyone else but she's a busy woman.
candygirlnj19666

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:16 am

looking at another comment she made on someone's page, I'm not fully convinced it's NOT her. Ru has a good sense of humor and we after all do NOT know her personally, she mentions people by name, do these names seem familar to you Nathaniel? Only someone who knows Ru and her inner circle would instantly recongize these names. She's not advertising anything, so no motive there, only motive I can see is for the faker to have all these adoring "fans". Until Ru herself issues an official statement, I at this time cannot be certain that this myspace page is fake or not. I will continue to visit the site but watch it very carefully.
candygirlnj19666

Postby Nathaniel » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:16 am

I don't think it's real. I can't remember if it's the same profile, but I was linked a "fairuza Balk" profile on some community a while back, which was quite obviously fake.

Something else just rubs me the wrong way. If she's so active and open with who she is on a site like myspace, how come she's not active anywhere else on the web? No forums, no official website, no blog, no nothing. It just seems a little off.

That said, I can't help but hope that it IS her. It would be really cool to be able to talk with her and get to know her, if only a little.

And candy: no, I don't recognize any of the names. But I don't know why I would either :)
| |
Nathaniel

Postby Morgoth » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:39 am

@Nathaniel,

you're right, there are no forums, chats etc. but there is still an official domain. There is no activity any more.;) And Ru had this online-shop which she gave up. At least she used to be on the internet.

Once I read that she isn't that firm with the computer. I don't know if it's true but it could be. I almost sure that she uses the internet cause I think she is generally very interested in new things. And surely she has her own email address cause she needs it to do her job.

@Candy,

look we don't know if it's her Myspace-site. It could still be though I don't believe it. As Nathaniel said it would be great if we could talk to her in that way. But I don't think such a site would be her way of talkin to us.

Till then,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:09 pm

Nathaniel, I don't know why there are no blogs, no forums, have no clue. I asked you if you recognized the names because I thought possibly you might have been in contact with someone she has has known in the past but I can see that's not the case :) So nevermind. Have you thought of sending a note there about fairuza.net? If it's not her, nothing would come of it of course but if it was by some tiny chance then maybe she would contact you. I have no idea but like I said, yeah I want to believe but at the same time I realize it's probably not. All I can do is keep an eye on that site or anything else someone says on it. If it is a fraud, sooner or later it will unravel.
candygirlnj19666

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:09 am

candy: Good thought! If you're up to it, I'll let you handle it though. I'm not a member of myspace, and hopefully I never will be :)
| |
Nathaniel

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:56 am

Ok Nathaniel, I would be happy to do that. I rarely go to myspace, only went there because my friend told me about the alleged Ru page. Otherwise I don't use it at all, I prefer Live Journal, simple and quiet
candygirlnj19666

Postby Morgoth » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:33 am

Hi folks,

the false fairuza has posted something new on her Myspace-site. Her favourite bands and books. In my opinion too less authors and only the old ones. What does she read right now? To be exactly the only new is, that she also listens to HIM, Nine Inch Nails and Thome York. That's great cause I like HIM too...;)

Till then,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby Maria » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:29 pm

Hehe, I'm pretty sure it's not Fairuzas real myspace page. Don't think a lot of celebs would call themselves for their own names because they will get spammed from fans. But you all knew this already ;)
+ + Join the fairuza !

+ + +
Maria

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:53 pm

We don't know for sure Maria but I still lean towards thinking it's not her. Anything is possible though until someone actually hears from the real Ru. Margoth, thanks for letting us know :)
candygirlnj19666

Postby Morgoth » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:51 pm

Hi Folks,

the false fairuza has been deleted, her Myspace-website isn't available any more. Maybe the real fairuza casted a spell on the nasty faker...:)

Cu,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:54 pm

That's a good sign that it WAS fake, let's see how long it will take for another one to pop up. I'm gonna check ;)
candygirlnj19666

Postby PoorTorturedGuy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:55 am

I think the last one was the real deal. Where else would those webcam pics of her come from?

Here's an imposter though:

[url]http://www.myspace.com/fairuza_balk[/url]

Married? Hmm.
PoorTorturedGuy

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:03 am

TorturedGuy, those "webcam" pics might not have been from a webcam at all. We just don't know.
candygirlnj19666

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:07 am

Forgot to add torturedguy, that fake Ru, has some of the same info I believe the one you believe was real had. Just fake..fake and more fake I believe. Why do they do it I wonder? Why pretend to be fairuza Balk? Ridiculous and silly. I wish the real Ru would step up
candygirlnj19666

Postby PoorTorturedGuy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:49 am

Some people like to pretend to be other people. It's just another form of a mask. Some put time and effort into it and others just slap something together in 5 min.

The webcam pics looked legit to me. Where else would they come from? A movie? Silly magazine shoot? Well, at least we can agree on that it was her in the pics. ;)
Last edited by PoorTorturedGuy on Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
PoorTorturedGuy

Postby Morgoth » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:01 am

Hi folks,

unfortunately there are so many pretenders on the internet. The only thing fairuza would like on this new site is the punk music. It's surely a fake again. If Fairzua will ever run such a site she would post her favourite movies and not the films she has done. And fuckin Hitler wouldn't be her friend. Stupid faker...;)

Till next time,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Next

Return to General