[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Quiet Storm Forums • View topic - Personal Velocity

Personal Velocity

Personal Velocity

Postby Morgoth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi folks,

I saw Personal Velocity, which is a great film. Unfortunately I had to order it in Britain, cause there's no german version at the moment.

fairuza plays Paula in the last episode, who is a person that's runing away often. She had an accident and sees her life with new eyes afterwards. fairuza's acting is once more very intense and she gives her role a deep human touch. The movie has also some closeups of Fairuzas striking face, which are espcecially interesting for us fans.

On the DVD there's also a little interview with Ru and the other actresses of the movie, where she looks gorgeous. ;)

Has anybody else seen the film yet?

Till then,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:49 pm

Yes, I say it a year or two ago. It's an excellent movie, and one of my favorite ones starring fairuza. It's too bad we almost never get to see her in a leading role, but in this picture she at least gets her very own episode :)

I'd love to read a longer review of this movie by you. I'd even be glad to post it on the website if you did :D
| |
Nathaniel

Postby ultradamno » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:58 pm

[color=turquoise]I'm going to buy an underwater camera! I'm going to [i]do[/i] it![/color]

I love [i]Personal Velocity[/i]. The entire thing, not just Ru's part (though Ru's segment is my favorite, partly because of Ru, but also for the being the riskiest of the stories, the one with the least familiar theme). Great performances from Sedgwick and Posey also, terrific movie.
ultradamno

Postby Morgoth » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:51 am

Hi folks,

nice to read, that my little thoughts are welcome here. Though I used to write reviews about books and films, I usually test videogames for a german online magazine. These are of course in German - to write in English is still a big challenge for me. Sometimes I know what I want to say but I don't know how to say it in English. The words are still missing, but I'm getting better every day. Maybe someday I'll write longer reviews.;)

I think fairuza's acting always is something very special. We get the impression, that she is not just playing a role she really becomes that character. She plays her characters also with a kind of mystery, that isn't easy to explain. You have to see her acting to understand. All of her roles have also a human depth that's very interesting.

You can think about her what you want, but I believe there's no one in the world who thinks she acts boring. I can't remember a role in which she was boring.

Till then,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby Maria » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:20 pm

I really loved this movie (as I've said in like 3 posts already) and I think it's one of the better ones that fairuza ever did. But I really was annoyed about the boy who just let her down and went away, who the fuck would do something like that? Grr! And I wanted to know more about his story, what happened to him. I guess I'm to curious!
+ + Join the fairuza !

+ + +
Maria

Postby Morgoth » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:12 pm

Hi Maria,

I think the boy experienced something very bad. Paula says in one scene to her boyfriend at the phone, that he was beaten or tortured. We shouldn't judge him too hard for his actions, maybe he was in panic.

Till then,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:56 pm

Morgoth, you type very well in english! :)
candygirlnj19666

Postby Morgoth » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:39 pm

Hi Candy,

that is nice to read. Das geht runter wie ?l, as we in German would say.;)

Cu,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby Maria » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:26 am

Ah well, I know what you mean but still was I annoyed at him. She wanted to give him help and then he steals her car, if I was her (the character) I would had kicked the boy som more. Haha, just kidding! I just think it was bad of him, it would had been different if he had run away from the car and her.
+ + Join the fairuza !

+ + +
Maria

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:47 am

Ich bin ein auslander....gutan tag...umm ich liebe dich.....oh wow my German is rusty! Haha!

[quote="Morgoth"]Hi Candy,

that is nice to read. Das geht runter wie ?l, as we in German would say.;)

Cu,
Morgoth[/quote]
candygirlnj19666

Return to Movies