[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Quiet Storm Forums • View topic - Your favorite movie

Your favorite movie

Your favorite movie

Postby Nathaniel » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:12 pm

Yeah, so what's everyones favorite movie with fairuza?

Myself, I kinda fancy The Maker, she so looks my my dream girlfriend :)
Her passion and temperament in The Craft is always great aswell.
| |
Nathaniel

Postby ultradamno » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:59 pm

[i]Imaginary Crimes
Valmont
Personal Velocity[/i]
ultradamno

Postby brandon71385 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:32 am

it might be a pretty standard response, but [i]The Craft[/i] is probably my favorite of hers. I just saw [i]Don't Come Knocking[/i] and LOVED it, though.
brandon71385

Postby ultradamno » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:27 am

[quote] I just saw [i]Don't Come Knocking[/i] and LOVED it, though.[/quote]

Good to hear, they've been showing the trailers a lot at the local arthouse here for a couple of months. I can't wait to see it, [i]Paris, Texas[/i] is one of my favorite films.
ultradamno

Postby Nathaniel » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:39 am

I'd be surprised if [i]Don't Come Knocking[/i] goes up in theaters around here at all :(

guess I'll just have to save up for the DVD, or find it some other way ;)
| |
Nathaniel

Postby Maria » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:43 pm

I love so many movies with fairuza and I can't pick one but I loved her as a catwoman in [i]The Island of Dr. Moreau[/i], hehe. So beautiful! ;) And I can't wait to see [i]Don't Come Knocking[/i], I will buy it as soon it comes out on DVD.

And yeah Nathaniel, I would be really suprised if it ever got out in the cinemas in Sweden!
+ + Join the fairuza !

+ + +
Maria

Postby ultradamno » Tue May 09, 2006 12:13 am

Just came from seeing [i]Don't Come Knocking[/i] and enjoyed it very much. It's not, ummm...[i]knocking[/i] any of my choices for this thread down a peg (a little tightening and a more development of Howard's character and it would have, though), but enjoyable.

I've seen more negative, some downright hostile, responses to Ru's performance in this than in any movie since [i]Return to Oz[/i] and I'm at a loss to account for it. Where many have painted her character as an annoying harpy (how anyone could take it so seriously as they evidently did is beyond me), I thought she was hilarious. I remember personally feeling she showed a lack of comfort in physical and generally silly comedy in [i]Life in the Fast Lane/There's No Fish Food in Heaven[/i] (though that project's general lack of focus might have been a major contributor to that impression in retrospect), here I thought she was hitting every note just right. In fact, and maybe it was just the red hair, but at a couple of points she was reminding me more of Vicki Lewis' Beth on "Newsradio" (esp. in the alley and being shoved around by Mann-this plays more comedically than it sounds-on the street), than any kind of shrew or "weird" (a adjective I've seen a couple of times).

Roth and Polley, both working the more deadpan angle, were also standouts.
ultradamno

Postby Nathaniel » Tue May 09, 2006 7:08 pm

Damnit, couldn't you have made me a cam-rip? :)

well, I s'pose I'll have to get ahold of it on DVD when it comes out...
| |
Nathaniel

Postby FairuzaXBalkXRocks » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:28 am

Um. Can you say "Return to OZ!?" lol.
fairuzabalk=life
FairuzaXBalkXRocks

Postby Morgoth » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:14 pm

Hi folks,

I love The Craft, American History X and Valmont the most. From the cineastic point of view Don't Come Knocking is surely a very good film, but I don't like Fairuzas role in that movie. She plays a totally stupid person, who hasn't got brains for 50 Cent. It contradicts with my impression of her open mind in real life, which doesn't fit in my opinion.

Till then,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:15 am

I actually rented Return to Oz on dvd and will play it sometime this weekend. I was watching the 10 minute interview with Ru though, she looked great and was very charming in the interview! There was one part where she was discussing how the cast treated her and there is a a very brief moment where her facial expression changes, she sort of look likes "Nancy" from the Craft! Anyone know what I'm talking about? :D
candygirlnj19666

Postby Morgoth » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:53 am

Hi Candy,

I know what you're talking about because I downloaded the interview from here ([url]http://www.returntoozthemovie.com/movieclips.html[/url]). I like it very much because it shows how fairuza is normally talking without any actor attitude.

Till then,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:17 am

Cool, didn't even know of that site, thanks Margoth :D I thought she was totally unpretentious just like you said which is refreshing!
candygirlnj19666

Postby Morgoth » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:02 pm

Hi Candy,

one little thing, my avatar name is Morgoth with an O not Margoth as you wrote. He is the boss of Sauron if you ever have read The Lord of the Rings or saw the films.

Thx,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:59 am

Sorry my bad! Morgoth. ok :D I love LOTR
candygirlnj19666

Postby Morgoth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:21 pm

Hi Candy,

never mind. You love Ru and LOTR as I do. Who could be angry with you?;)

Cu,
Morgoth
Morgoth

Postby Maria » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:16 pm

Updating my list! My big favorite so far is [i]Personal Velocity[/i] because fairuza just played her part so damn well! And I love Posey and Kyra so much so it was 3 of my favs in one movie as well. [i]Return to Oz[/i] is one of the better movies fairuza did, always so damn cute :) And I really love her character (mostly because she's so hot) in [i]The Island of Dr. Moreau[/i], I totally fall in love with her?when watching it when I was a kid. But the movie kinda stinks ;) And [i]American History X[/i] is a damn good movie.
+ + Join the fairuza !

+ + +
Maria

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:04 pm

Maria, you found fairuza as a child to be hot? Heh
candygirlnj19666

Postby Maria » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:29 am

Haha, I've always been attracted to women. [i]The Island of Dr. Moreau[/i] came out in 1996 and I was 10 years old then, my first crush was probably fairuza and Melanie C/Sporty Spice, haha!
+ + Join the fairuza !

+ + +
Maria

Postby candygirlnj19666 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:45 am

Ah I see! You worried me there for a bit! Ha! I loved The Spice Girls and also Mel C. Those were the days but I was no child, I was a full grown woman back then! Heh :D
candygirlnj19666

Postby Maria » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:28 pm

Haha, lol. I still love the Spice Girls but I'm not a huge fan of their music, well I never was. I just like the chicks, haha!
+ + Join the fairuza !

+ + +
Maria

Postby Morgan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:12 am

My favorite is The Craft!
Morgan

Return to Movies